Python Hosting Questions

Ben Logan ben at wblogan.net
Sun Dec 16 06:08:56 EST 2001

I'm not sure what all you are looking for, but we are pretty happy
with http://www.hostforweb.com.  They don't advertise Python, but
they've got it.  They run Redhat, too, which is nice since that's what
I run.

<rant target=http://www.dzones.com>
Whatever you do, do NOT use http://www.dzones.com.  They were quick to
take the money, but when we asked them a simple question a little
later on, they never answered.  We waited days for some answer (they
advertise <24 hr support) before sending in another support ticket,
but they never said a bloomin' thing.  Nothing!
</rant>

HostForWeb's packages start at $5/month, too.  Unfortunately, the
Python version is 1.5.2.   I think there are only the standard modules
installed, but you have compiler access (I was able to compile the
gdmodule...too bad gdlib wasn't compiled with TTF support, though).
They might consider installing Python2.x...I don't know.

HTH,
Ben

--
Ben Logan: ben at wblogan dot net