"XXX undetected error" in python_d.exe

Courageous jkraska at san.rr.com
Fri Dec 14 03:10:46 EST 2001

How am I supposed to interpret this error when it is printed
by the Python interpreter? What information is it telling me?
This appears to be a feature of newer (2.2?) interpreters in
debug build only.

I've seen it flag off on reads from zero memory, so I know it's
not just an ordinary internal catch. It almost seems as if the
Python interpreter is catching SIGSEGV or something like that,
only I can find no code to enable such shenanigans.

I'm having a problem with it under VC6.0, because when it throws
off, it seems to cause the interpreter to exit, even when a
serious error has occured in extension modules I am writing/
adapting. What's bizarre is that this seems inconsistent, and
I can't identify any code that would allow Python to intercept
memory faults under windows.

???

C//