Update Oreilly books?

Ron Stephens rdsteph at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 17 19:39:23 EST 2001

I have reviewed 15 Python books at http://www.awaretek.com/book.html and I
have few comments about several  others. Also included are links to Dr.
Mertz' Python book reviews at IBM Developer Works. I encourage you to *not*
take my reviews as gospel, but check out Dr. Mertz' and any other book
reviews you can find, and take it all into consideration.

FWIW, I really liked Programming Python, and I doubt it will be obsolete soon
since it's a recent publication. If you liked Learning Python, I think you
will also like Programming Python. No, it doesn't cover *everything*, but it
does cover a lot.

It is a "hands-on" kind of book, not a reference book. It takes you through a
wealth of detaield material on mnay topics, and is very heavy on actual code.

Ron Stephens