An hour's talk on python...Suggestions required (from a newbie)

Karthik Gurumurthy karthikg at aztec.soft.net
Fri Dec 21 06:24:23 EST 2001

hi all,

Our company does'nt use python. many have'nt even heard of it.
hi all,

Ours is mainly a java shop.

We have lots of internal training sessions @ our place.
Anyone with a decent knowledge of a particular subject can take such
sessions.
I was planning to take an introductory session on python.

I feel irrespective of how good the language is, not many
w'd want to try it out unless and otherwise they can see lots of
supporting tools and libraries.

It has to be a 1 hour talk.
Can someone give me pointers as to how this session c'd be organized?

1. functional programming in python
2. about new features that have been included in 2.2?
3. threading as for as tools/libraries are concerned,
4. GUI : Tkinter
5. xml?? : the one which ships with standard module or something else?
6. cgi:

am kind of a newbie.
But i want to develop some interest here @ my place.
Any suggestion w'd be of great help to me.

thanks and regards,
karthik.