lost interest?

Tim Hammerquist tim at vegeta.ath.cx
Tue Dec 11 16:08:13 EST 2001

Skip Montanaro <skip at pobox.com> graced us by uttering:
>     Alex> If it encourages more reuse of code in module A by the author of
>     Alex> module B, I think it would be a VERY good influence "in the Python
>     Alex> world".  Why *shouldn't* the useful 3rd-party modules we use be
>     Alex> free to rely on other useful 3rd-party modules yet?!
>
> Python authors are free to rely on any modules they like, third-party or
> otherwise.  That they don't suggests to me that there's generally fairly
> little need to do that, at least for widely used packages.

That may be true, but it just seems so hard to believe that, in so many
non-interdependent modules, no one's reinventing the wheel in the least.

OTOH, I concede that Python is simply more conducive to rational
module/object hierarchies than is perl.

Tim Hammerquist
--
Is that a 286 or are you just running Windows?