pty controlling app

Brian Sturk bsturk at news.rcn.com
Tue Dec 4 01:09:21 EST 2001

> Well, my copy of bash2 prints its version and exits when invoked as
>
> $ bash2 --version
>
> Changing --version to -i and putting in a few more judicious
> time.sleep()s, your code seemed to work.  The output is a bit messy
> but that's because I have a fancy $PS1.
>
> Cheers,
> M.

I think I accidentally mailed you my last post instead of putting it
up here.  Sorry bout that...

I found an example indirectly that seems to fix the issue, now I just
need to get select() into the picture.

Just for posterity's sake I'm posting the code that eliminated the
"echoing" of the commands I was sending.

<snip>
    if pid == 0:

        attrs = tty.tcgetattr(1)
        attrs[3] = attrs[3] & ~tty.ICANON & ~tty.ECHO
        attrs[6][tty.VMIN] = 1
        attrs[6][tty.VTIME] = 0
        tty.tcsetattr(1, tty.TCSANOW, attrs)

<snip>