strict python?

Neal Norwitz neal at metaslash.com
Fri Dec 7 13:04:07 EST 2001

Fernando Pérez wrote:

> While on the topic of pychecker, I've been a bit disappointed. Not
> meaning to demerit the developers, I'm sure it's been a ton of hard
> work, but when I've used it I tend to get way too many spurious
> warnings and very little substance. Well, maybe I just don't know how
> to use it well, I really haven't looked at it in detail.

Have you tried a recent version?  Also have you changed the default
behaviour to match your preferences/coding style (or used --errors
to report only likely errors).

There have been various bugs in the past which led to spurious warnings;
however, if problems aren't reported, they aren't likely to be fixed.
If you are having problems, I'd be interested to know.

Neal