Python, PyQT and QSpinBox

Yngve F. Johansen yfjohans at NOSPAMTHANKYOUMAM-siving.hia.no
Sun Dec 2 16:04:24 EST 2001

Boudewijn Rempt wrote:

>> I'm not to familiar with the signal-slot mechanism, and it could be that
>> I have to do something with this? I don't have a single connect()
>> statement defined relating to the QSpinBox widget.
>
> In this case you don't need signals and slots, since you're not
> combining two objects. If you don't feel familiar with PyQt, you
> might like to start reading the second part of my book on PyQt,
> which gives quite a detailed explanation of the concept:
>
> http://www.opendocs.org

I didn't think I had to connect the widget to it self, but as quite a
newbie I couldn't be quite sure. Nice to get some affirmation.

I've read big parts of your brilliant book already. It was the reason I
decided to try GUI programming in the first place. Quite wierd this
problem, I downloaded the new PyQT today, to no avail. I've searched both
dejanews.com and a lot of searchengines and mail-lists, but noone mentions
this problem. I'll just have to try more :-)

Thanks alot for your help, and for making your book available online, it
was the only decent source of information relating to PyQT I could find.

Sincerly,
Yngve