Unsung Python modules

Arthur Siegel ajs at ix.netcom.com
Sat Dec 15 10:15:56 EST 2001

>>>Andrew Kuchling <akuchlin at mems-exchange.org> wrote:
> >What's your favorite unsung module?

jason writes -

> ...I suppose I can claim Numeric as my favorite module.

>With Numeric I can use python for Real Work.  Who needs Mathematica?  Who
>cares about Matlab?  I have python+numeric+gnuplot.

My focus being on Python as an educational tool (my own education, first
off)
I would second Jason's sentiments on Numeric.  A math education in a box.

And despite my disagreement with their team on core Python language design
issues, I am a VPython lover.  I experience it as native Python brought into
the visual realm. Which is its intent, realized.

Art