py2exe question

Bruce Eckel Bruce at EckelObjects.com
Sat Dec 8 21:11:21 EST 2001

Not exactly sure, but you might try something based on this:

import sys
sys.path += ['../util']

On 12/9/01 at 2:59 AM Syver Enstad wrote:

>At first py2exe seems to work very nicely on a couple of test
projects
>I've run it on. Thanks, and I particularely like that it
integrates
>with the distutils which also are cool. Now all we lack is a kind
of
>cpan that have ALL the modules and the newest ones at
>that. ActiveStates PPM is nice but the modules there are too few
and
>many are old.
>
>My question on py2exe is: Is it possible to make an exe that
searches
>the normal sys.path for modules that doesn't exist in the exefile
>itself?
>
>When I create a barebones py2exe exe by --excluding all modules I
get
>import error because py2exe overrides the import mechanism in
python
>to only search in the py2exe file itself, at least that's how I
have
>understood it. Does anybody have any tips for accomlishing this?
>

>--
>
>Vennlig hilsen
>
>Syver Enstad
>--

Most current information can be found at:
http://www.mindview.net/Etc/notes.html
Bruce Eckel    http://www.BruceEckel.com
Contains free electronic books: "Thinking in Java 2e" & "Thinking
in C++ 2e"
Please subscribe to my free newsletter -- just send any email to:
join-eckel-oo-programming at earth.lyris.net
My schedule can be found at:
http://www.mindview.net/Calendar