New Array proposal (So that it will actually be read)

Mark McEahern marklists at mceahern.com
Fri Dec 28 01:12:36 EST 2001

> I think that an array sould have natural dimension support,
> instead of :
>
> List = [[4,4,4],
>         [3,3,3]]
>
> Just to define it, we should do this:
>
> List|A,B,C|

I don't understand.  You want to change the language's syntax for declaring
a list?  That seems like a rather hefty change.

Btw, you may want to check out Python 2.2 since it allows you to subclass
built-in types like the list.  You may be able to do whatever it is you're
trying to do on your own without requesting arbitrary and inelegant changes
to the language's syntax.

Cheers,

// mark