Take 2: PEP draft for expression embedding

Bill Melcher wpmelcher at snet.net
Sun Dec 16 18:05:51 EST 2001

> Sorry for being lazy, but since you've already done the search homework,
> would you mind pointing to Frederik's post on i()? I've never seen it and
I'm
> quite intrigued.

There is a reason why you havn't seen it, you havn't written it yet! :-)

I found this on www.google.com  the groups tab then Advanced groups search.

Unfortunately google anounces that they no longer archive comp.lang.xxxx

PEP: XXXX
Title: String interpolation with backquotes
Author: oren at hishome.net (Oren Tirosh)
Created: 2-Dec-2001

Abstract

    This document proposes a string interpolation feature for Python
    to allow easier string formatting.  The suggested syntax change is
    the introduction of a new 'i' prefix for strings that triggers the
    special interpretation of the backquote "`" character within a
    string.

    Example:

        i"X=`x`, Y=`calc_y(x)`."

Message 25 in thread