A common GUI define like rebol VID?

Magnus Lie Hetland mlh at idi.ntnu.no
Tue Dec 11 13:28:34 EST 2001

From: "Oleg Broytmann" <phd at phd.pp.ru>

> On Tue, Dec 11, 2001 at 06:56:59PM +0100, Magnus Lie Hetland wrote:
> > Anygui will hopefully work on all these platforms. (Yes, *including*
> > DOS... We already have beginning implementations of textgui and
cursesgui
> > in CVS :)
>
>    Do you mean to reimplement curses for DOS? Or use some DOS
> implementation of curses?

We are not reimplementing curses for DOS, no... If there is a version of
curses for DOS, Anygui will work with that. (I don't know anything about
curses in DOS, actually ;)

And if there is no curses, you can use textgui, which only needs the
print statement. Slightly corny, but mighty cool, IMO. (And at least it
works ;)

Here is an actual screenshot (I never thought I'd say that about contents
of a plain-text usenet posting ;) ):

 +-Window 1---------------------------------------+
 |   ^F focus; ^Q quit; space click               |
 |  +----------+    Label 1                       |
 |  |Click Me  |                                  |
 |  +----------+                                  |

            |  |Cheshire  |  |0         |                    |

This was copied straight from the screen -- and this program works well
with Tk, wxPython, Qt, GTK, Java Swing, BeOS/Bethon, win32all,
and curses too.

--
Magnus Lie Hetland                           The Anygui Project
http://hetland.org                           http://anygui.sf.net