Multiple active locales, AKA class-based API for the locale module.

John Lull lull at acm.org
Mon Dec 31 17:03:03 EST 2001

I'm working on a COM local/remote server that must support multiple clients
using different locales simultaneously.  What I'd really like is a class-based
API for something very similar to the current locale module. At first glance,
this looks like a fairly straight-forward bit of work.

Has anyone else has already done this? If not, is this something others might
also be interested in? Assuming it is, is it something that ought to ultimately
become part of the standard locale module, or would it be better packaged
separately?

Regards,
John