Libplot: PS busted?

Ben Logan ben at wblogan.net
Mon Dec 24 08:57:48 EST 2001

Hi,

I'm using the python libplot module (from
biggles.sourceforge.net/libplot), and am having trouble getting any
Postscript output.

The following script doesn't produce any errors or ps output:

#!/usr/bin/python2

import libplot

ofile=open("test.ps","w")
efile=open("errors","w")
pl = libplot.Plotter("ps",outfile=ofile,errfile=efile)
pl.openpl()
pl.fspace(0,0,20,20)
pl.pencolor(0,0,0)
pl.fline(0,0,20,20)
pl.circle(10,10,5)
pl.closepl()
ofile.close()
efile.close()

Yet, if I replace the plotter type "ps" with "fig", and change the
filename to "test.fig", I get a valid Fig file.

Has anyone had any experience with this module?  What am I missing?

Thanks,
Ben

--
Ben Logan: ben at wblogan dot net
OpenPGP Key KeyID: A1ADD1F0

Ah say, son, you're about as sharp as a bowlin' ball.