REPOST: CEPort: I Need help with compile.c bug

Brad Clements bkc at Murkworks.com
Sun Dec 30 11:27:19 EST 2001

Sorry to post here, but I'm trying to figure out where in the 2.2 code to
look to solve this problem.

I'm porting the release22-maint CVS checkout to CE 3.0

Seems to work okay, except that many of the regression tests fail because
the CE port is casting numbers to long somewhere... so numeric output has L
at end.

I'm looking for a suggestion where to look in the code. It's on input, not
output, that the problem is occuring. I'm looking at the diffs and nothing
seems to stick out. Thanks for any suggestions..

Here's an example on CE 3.0

>>> import dis
>>> def a(): x = 1
>>> dis.dis(a)