Time for a Fresh Scheme Standard: Say Goodbye to the RnRS Relic

Anton van Straaten anton at appsolutions.com
Sun Dec 23 11:57:55 EST 2001

Sander Vesik wrote:
>It would have been nice of you to actualy refute his claims, and not just
>namecall.

Except that the troll's claims are self-fulfilling.  By posting an
essentially content-free rant under a pseudonym, he generated some annoyed

>Anyone calling for injection of fresh ideas into the language is
>attacked with a level of spite and religious vehemence rarely seen
>outside of fundamentalist religious sects.

The problem with this is, had this person posted a reasoned message about
the issues in question, it's quite unlikely that the same kind of response
would have been generated.

Besides, if the troll is claiming that he's afraid to post under his real
name because of the response it would generate, is it because he's afraid of
a few flames?  Or is he simply unwilling to tarnish his reputation, which
would certainly suffer if he posted messages like that first one, which was
an amateurish call-to-arms based on a faulty premise.

I support the idea of some movement in the standards area myself, but that
isn't the troll's motivation, you can be sure - or if it is, he has a very
strange way of going about it.

Anton