Difference between 'import' and 'from ... import'

Andy Todd andy47 at halfcooked.com
Tue Dec 4 21:15:17 EST 2001

"Patrick K. O'Brien" <pobrien at orbtech.com> wrote in
<pwTO7.16671$Ao6.1480221 at newsread1.prod.itd.earthlink.net>:

>As far as I know, the only thing that could have created an __init__.py
>file is you. <wink> Doing a "from ... import" wouldn't. Just FYI.
>Perhaps you copied one over? Or got it some other way? Frankly, I'm not
>sure why there *isn't* one by default.

Woops, looks like I was getting my wucking fords muddled again, and
suffering from keyboard confuse to boot. What I *meant* to say was that I
must have created an __init__.py so that I could use 'from ... import'.

I will proof read before I post, I will proof read before I post ..

>You're very welcome.

No, thank you.

>--
>Patrick K. O'Brien
>Orbtech.com - Your Source For Python Development Services
>

>"Andy Todd" <andy47 at halfcooked.com> wrote in message
>news:Xns916D6079FB498andytoddspamfreeyaho at 203.109.250.24...
>
>[snip]

Retiring-in-silence-ly yr's,
Andy
--