It's hard to find documentation

Justin Sheehy justin at iago.org
Sun Dec 9 00:33:49 EST 2001

"Bruce Eckel" <Bruce at EckelObjects.com> writes:

> So let's try to find "Extending and Embedding the Python
> Interpreter". Using 'search,' using 'advanced search,' nothing
> comes up with that title. Maybe it doesn't exist. Who knows. I have
> this struggle a lot when hunting for python information.

The Python documentation is great and well-organized.  On the other
hand, the search mechanism on the python.org website is utterly useless.

If I start at http://www.python.org/doc/ I can usually find what I'm
looking for very quickly...  I gave up on the search interface years
ago.  I try the above doc location first, and Google second.  That
combination has worked quite well for me.

-Justin