Monitoring running Windows Applications

Bill Bell bill-bell at bill-bell.hamilton.on.ca
Sun Dec 9 19:36:41 EST 2001

From: root at 127.0.0.1 ((Five Fresh) Fish)
> How can one get Python to identify either the applications that are
> currently running in Windows, in real-time (ie. as an application
> monitor)...
>
> Or, better, how can one get Python to identify all the open windows,
> in real-time?

A couple of people have mentioned using PDH for this purpose--
one having pointed out that it's already wrapped for Python. If I
remember correctly, PDH is unavailable under Win9x. There's a
sample program code (written in C?) available on MSDN that shows
how to capture similar information for both Win9x or WinNT/2K.
"It is the time that you have wasted for your rose that makes your rose so important."--St-Exupery