Python 1.5.x vs Python 2.x.x

Andrew Kuchling akuchlin at mems-exchange.org
Thu Dec 20 16:33:53 EST 2001

Paul Rubin <phr-n2001d at nightsong.com> writes:
> That's a good point.  It's probably too late to start reporting the
> incompatibilities as bugs against 2.2c, though that's what they are.

And if no one reports bugs, they can't get fixed.  You could still go
ahead and report them, but unless they're real showstoppers they won't
be fixed in 2.2final, which is being wrapped up even as we speak.  I
don't know if it'll be considered worth fixing them in 2.3.

(Or is this talk of incompatibilities simply FUD from people who are
scared of upgrading?)

--amk                                                  (www.amk.ca)
I like a lot of glasses about -- it highers the tone.
    -- Albert, in Peter Greenaway's _The Cook, The Thief, His
       Wife, and Her Lover_