REPOST: Re: Python Popularity: Questions and Comments

Jeff Shannon jeff at ccvcorp.com
Fri Dec 28 13:25:36 EST 2001

Alex Martelli wrote:

> "Fredrik Juhlin" <laz at strakt.com> wrote in message
> news:mailman.1009544733.30338.python-list at python.org...
> > On Fri, Dec 28, 2001 at 12:27:35PM +0100, Alex Martelli wrote:
> > > "Steve Lamb" <grey at despair.dmiyu.org> wrote in message
> > > news:slrna2nhfo.nme.grey at teleute.dmiyu.org...
> > > <philh at comuno.freeserve.co.uk>

> ;)
> > >
> > > FIVE or more.  1.5 GHz desktop machines are hardly news these days.
> > I'm afraid you missed the word "slowest" in the original statement, Alex
> :)
>
> Ooops yes -- so did Steve, I think.  You CAN still buy PCs whose CPU's
> are claimed to run at 900 MHz *AND LESS* (so even the "3 times" in the
> OP was incorrect:-).

Yes, I still see quite a few 800MHz machines advertised.  Of course, my place of
employment still maintains a half dozen or so machines in the 150-233 MHz
range... (and Python runs quite satisfactorily on them, too!)

Jeff Shannon
Technician/Programmer
Credit International

========= WAS CANCELLED BY =======: