list comprehensions to effect visitors

Bruce Eckel Bruce at EckelObjects.com
Fri Dec 7 12:38:27 EST 2001

Because of the way the Python implementation of the book (this is
"Thinking in Patterns", translated) is going, I'm now thinking that
it might make more sense to build the book in Python first, then
translate it back into Java. For some reason (grin) it seems to be
much easier to work out the ideas and designs using Python... :-)

Not sure when I'll have the initial posting of the book, though.

On 12/7/01 at 9:27 AM Cromwell, Jeremy wrote:

>Peter,
>I thought we weren't supposed to help people with their homework?
>
>I know, you just want <mention in credits> to encourage an author
<free
>book> whose written some good books on other languages <co-author>
>complete his Python book for the benefit <ancillary rights> of all
of us.

>subliminal-messages-need-never-be-queued-ly yr's,
>Jeremy Cromwell
>CIENA Core Switching Division
>jcromwell at ciena.com

examples,
>> but as usual Python changes everything, and I might even hit the
>> deadline.
>
>Why not post some of the samples here as a translation exercise?
>
>I'm sure there would be a few people interested in helping
>translate some of them over the weekend.  People with no lives.
>(No, not people like me.  I meant *other* people... ;-)
>
>the-c.l.p-community-is-a-large-part-of-python's-advantages-ly
yr's,

Most current information can be found at:
http://www.mindview.net/Etc/notes.html
Bruce Eckel    http://www.BruceEckel.com
Contains free electronic books: "Thinking in Java 2e" & "Thinking
in C++ 2e"
Please subscribe to my free newsletter -- just send any email to:
join-eckel-oo-programming at earth.lyris.net
My schedule can be found at:
http://www.mindview.net/Calendar