python cgi questions

Kevin Cazabon kevin at cazabon.com
Sun Dec 9 23:40:40 EST 2001

I'd suggest going at it the other way around:

Use a normal submit button for the form, and include an onclick to
update the href location of the frame to the downloaded file.  Kind of
like:

<form method=POST action="myform.cgi" name="form1">
<input type=hidden name=whatever value=crap>
<input type=submit name=submit value=submit
onclick="_self.location.href='/downloads/file.exe'">
</form>

I believe that will do what you want... try it out though first, of
course, it's written off the top of my head.

No cgi is really needed here, except myform.cgi for taking the info
from the form and updating the database.  You could even use a
variable value in the onclick so that it downloaded a file specified
by some other item on the form.
(onclick="_self.location.href=self.form1.selectfieldname.value"

Kevin Cazabon.