Python Imaging Library and fonts

Bob Greschke bob at passcal.nmt.edu
Thu Dec 13 12:30:37 EST 2001

At the beginning of my Python program I create an Entry field.  I then
use cget to get the font that the system has set the Entry field to
use.  Then I set all of the other fields to use that same font.  In
general, I personally have no idea what the font is, and I don't even
really mind which one it is.  I just want everything to use the same
one.  Further on down the line I use the PIL to draw a graph.  How do
I convey to the PIL font stuff that I want it to use the same font as
the rest of the frame for its labels and such?  PIL wants to start
with font files.  I can't seem to find the connection.  This has to
run on Solaris, Linux, Windows...

Thanks!

Bob