Who needs exceptions (was Re: Two languages, too similar, competing in the same space.)

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Sun Dec 30 09:48:00 EST 2001

Ron Stephens wrote:

> Several folks seem to agree that
> +++C and programmers who like C should die a slow and painful death for
> > holding back the computer industry for two decades.+++
>
> I am hoping that the above does not apply to fellow I've heard of named Guido
> van Rossum, who, it is commonly rumored, has written some useful progrms in
> "C" from time to time ;-))))

Well, he could have used Modula instead... ;-)

Seriously, I'm sick of all the security announcements regarding
buffer overflows and such. Not to speak of memory leaks. That's
stone age.

Furthermore exceptions are a very nice possibility to make proper
error handling feasible in complex projects hopefully resulting in
more secure code.

Ciao, Michael.