popen3 on windows and interactive subprocesses

Brian Sturk bsturk at news.rcn.com
Thu Dec 13 02:59:35 EST 2001

I have a script that is run from within the editor vim.  It uses
popen2.popen3 to run cmd.exe.  I then grab stdout and submit commands
to it via stdin. It works pretty well right now except for one thing.
When I spawn an *interactive* process, like ftp or cleartool I no longer
see anything on stdout after it's launched. Is this possibly because
the app is writing directly to the win32 console?  Any help/ideas greatly
appreciated.

<pushing_wares>
The script, for those curious vim users, is located here:

    http://www.nh.ultranet.com/~bsturk/vim.html
</pushing_wares>

--
|--------------------------|  bsturk at nh.ultranet.com   | Java | (  _ _)/ /-." ~