How to solve a problem?

Schollnick, Benjamin Benjamin.Schollnick at usa.xerox.com
Wed Dec 26 13:16:42 EST 2001

There's several problems embeded here:

1) How do you tell that the files are the same?
	a) Filename?  - What if you changed the contents but not the name?
	b) Filesize?  - Which one is newer?
	c) Date/Time Stamp - Some transfer methods do not update the
		date/time stamp.

2) How do you plan on transfering the files?
	a) Http?
	b) FTP?
	c) Snailmail?
	d) SMB Mount?
	e) NFS Mount?

3) Are these out of a single directory?  Or a directory tree?

To point you part of the way, check the python demos for
FTPMIRROR.

If you are going to be doing this via FTP then FTP mirror does take
date/time stamp into account.  (That's assuming I'm remembering correctly.)

		- Benjamin