REPOST: Re: Book "python programming patterns". anybody read this??

Peter Milliken peter.milliken at gtech.com
Wed Dec 26 14:58:50 EST 2001

No Gordon, that's a ridiculous assumption!

Who said the code was bad? Not I! Your original email implied that you had
to put some amount of study into understanding the examples - there was an
implication that the examples where not straight forward and therefore
required some considerable time and effort on your part to understand what
was going on.

Nobody has tried to equate this with "bad code", just bad coding practice
(in our opinion - well, Roy's and mine :-)) - a very different thing.

Perhaps if you take objection to our comments you should perhaps clarify and
quantify your comments on just how much effort was required to understand
the examples? and why? i.e. if the book is more "algorithmic" in nature then
perhaps you cannot get away from examples that do take some considerable
study effort - if this is the case then perhaps you should provide that
clarification/caveat on your comment. Otherwise I'll have to stick with my
decision (unless I stood in the book store and read the book! :-)).

Peter

news:Xns9180CE1BAC652gmcmhypernetcom at 199.171.54.214...

========= WAS CANCELLED BY =======: