Printing ASCII >128 for different local settings

Hrvoje Terček hrvoje.tercek at caatoosee.hr
Tue Dec 18 04:56:35 EST 2001

There is the problem:

You have two attachments. Box.gif, box.txt. As you suppose the image
is capture screen how file should appear and how it should look like on my
dot-matrix printer, send from python !!! Box.txt is written in Notepad
because there is only editor which accept my ALT+ commands exactly as I
need.

            So task would be: If box.txt appeared exactly as box.gif look
like, try load box.txt and push to printer all from python. Doesn't work at
my place :(((

Rephrase the problem ...

in Python21\lib\encode there is the file cp437.py. Obviously used at installation and locale settings.

Q: How to print (standard output or dot matrix printer) e.g. 0x00d3: 0x2559, # BOX DRAWINGS UP DOUBLE AND RIGHT SINGLE regardless locale settings???

            I have Win2000, Python 2.1 and locale setting set to cp1250...

Thanks at front

Hrvoje Tercek