ANNOUNCE: SCons 0.01 now available

Robin Becker robin at jessikat.fsnet.co.uk
Tue Dec 18 07:53:58 EST 2001

In article <9vna1e$ghtj3$1 at ID-89274.news.dfncis.de>, Bernhard Reiter
<bernhard at intevation.de> writes
>[Posted and mailed]
>
>Steven:
>
>Contratulations to your first release of SCons.
>I've been watching the project loosely from a distance and
>now I will check it out the next time I need make or similiar.
>
>I've been wondering:
>How is the plan to make the transistion to actually use SCons
>to build itself? :) I am not sure that SCon should rely on another
>tools...
>
>The webpages is missing some nice and simple examples.
>It is really hard from the documents to have a quick impression on
>how a SConstruct file will really look like that replaces one Makefile.
>
>Thanks,
>       Bernhard

Is there any relationship between scons and the Eric Raymond's linux
kernel configuration tool?

I hear there is considerable disquiet in the kernel developer universe
about abandoning their treasured make tools in favour of something new
especially in light of

Welcome to CML2 Adventure, version 1.6.1.
You are in a maze of twisty little Linux kernel options menus, all
different.
The main room. A sign reads `Linux Kernel Configuration System'.
Passages lead off in all directions.

:)
--
Robin Becker