Help: using msvcrt for file locking

Sheila King sheila at spamcop.net
Sun Aug 26 15:22:07 EDT 2001

On Sun, 26 Aug 2001 16:19:36 GMT, Sheila King <sheila at spamcop.net> wrote
in comp.lang.python in article
<pm5iotkp8d0q00kpqv31u1bmukqsp5fuh4 at 4ax.com>:

:
:I really don't see any way around file locking for the type of
:application I'm trying to write. However, I guess after seeing all the
:trouble with the msvcrt module, and how it doesn't even seem to allow
:shared locking access to a file, that I will go ahead and use the
:win32all extensions. I'm supposing that will allow better control?

It appears, after a bit more research, that this will not work for all
win32 platforms, anyway. Apparently unsupported on Win95/98/Me:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/fileio/hh/winbase/filesio_39h4.asp

(scroll down to just below where it says "requirements")

--
Sheila King
http://www.thinkspot.net/sheila/