Python CGI and Jave Server Pages (JSP)

Maan M. Hamze mmhamze at pleiades.net
Tue Aug 14 15:41:15 EDT 2001

Hi to the most esteemed Python People
I work as a programmer and we are working on a web project.  I am pushing
for Python.  The web project calls for logging into an Oracle database,
uploading and downloading files depending on the login information,
processing uploaded files, and a host of million other things.  I had
already done the basic functionality all in CGI using Python.  Someone else
here is calling for the use of JSP.  So, the question being asked here:  Why
do I want to use Python and NOT JSP?  I simply can not just say:  Well, it
is an issue of bias, and I know Python and like it, and can stand neither
JAVA, nor JSP although I do not know anything about JSP.
Did anyone here deal with JSP in addition to Python?  If yes, how could you
convince a skeptical management to use Python and not JSP?
We use an IPlanet web server running on Sun Solaris by the way.
Thanks for any information,
Maan