Is this function attribute weirdness a feature or bug?

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Sat Aug 18 00:05:43 EDT 2001

    Erik> Roy Katz wrote:
    >> I am using Python 2.2a1.  This works ok:

    [ assigning to method attributes fails ]

    Erik> The former is a function (which supports function attributes).
    Erik> The latter is a method, which is a beast of a different color.

For more detail about why assigning attributes to methods is not allowed,
check the Future Directions section of PEP 232:

    http://python.sourceforge.net/peps/pep-0232.html

I thought this had found its way into the documentation, but I didn't see it
where I looked.  Perhaps I just missed it.

--
Skip Montanaro (skip at pobox.com)
http://www.mojam.com/