Emacs? VIM!

Adam 'Vonlia' Seyfarth adam.seyfarth at home.com
Wed Aug 8 13:47:19 EDT 2001

On Wed, 8 Aug 2001, Skip Montanaro wrote:

>     Adam> Yes, I know, (I am) but I thought python.org could provide links
>     Adam> to (or at least tell about) all (or "most") of the editors that
>     Adam> have a Python environment.
>
> Hmmm...  I didn't see anything like that in your first note.  Barry Warsaw

Yes, I was a jerk.  I shouldn't have done that, I'm sorry!

> is the python-mode for Emacs author/maintainer.  There is a page on the
> python.org website for Python & Emacs:
>
>     http://www.python.org/emacs/python-mode/

That site, as far as I can tell, doesn't have much info on the "big
picture".  But I got a reply from Alexandre Fayolle that filled me in, I
see why there is a whole section about the python-mode, but why is there
a section about other Emacs features?  That is a Python web-site,
promoting Emacs, which I don't mind much, but it is strange...

> It does have some links to Python support in other editors (Alpha and JED at
> least).  If you have a URL for vi+Python I'm sure Barry would be happy to
> add it to that page.  I suspect that eventually the site will get redone
> pretty completely using Zope, at which perhaps this section of the website
> will be generalized to something like "Text Editor Support for Python".

The "Text Editor Support for Python" idea sounds cool, I want anyone
that edits Python code to have a resource that will show if there is a
Python environment for their editor of choice.  As for the URL for
Vim+Python, What I was talking about is builtin if it is Python code.  I
am currently working on a Vim script that will do just as much as
Emacs's python mode, but where are the specs for it?  I can't parse
Emacs Lisp, and I don't use Emacs, so is there a URL for the specs?

Sorry, again!

--
     If the meanings of "true" and "false" were switched,
     then this sentence would not be false.

    /||  Adam Seyfarth <http://members.home.net/adam.seyfarth/>  ||\
   /«||  <mailto:cloud at users.sf.net>   <http://www.majik3d.org>  ||»\
   \«||  <http://tuxaqfh.sf.net>        <http://tuxkart.sf.net>  ||»/