from __future__ import generators

Roman Suzi rnd at onego.ru
Fri Aug 10 00:40:49 EDT 2001

On Fri, 10 Aug 2001, Guido van Rossum wrote:

>"gzeljko" <gzeljko at sezampro.yu> writes:
>
>> I just installed 2.2a1 and immediately come to
>> 'natural question':
>>
>> Is 'from __future__ import generators' really
>> necessary ?
>
>If enough people prefer to always have the 'yield' keyword enabled, we
>can do that.  I thought that there would be a huge opposition against
>breaking code this way, but maybe it's OK.   At least 'yield' is not a
>silent break.

No opposition. I can't even type 'yield' correctly
(yild, yeld, yeild, yelid, eyelid, yawn, etc...)
thanks Guido, I now know what does 'yiled'... oops 'yield' means :)

What about:

from __past__ import nogenerators

instead?

>--Guido van Rossum (home page: http://www.python.org/~guido/)

Sincerely yours, Roman Suzi
--
_/ Russia _/ Karelia _/ Petrozavodsk _/ rnd at onego.ru _/
_/ Friday, August 10, 2001 _/ Powered by Linux RedHat 6.2 _/