constant in python?

Paul Rubin phr-n2001 at nightsong.com
Sun Aug 19 23:19:47 EDT 2001

Bernd.Nawothnig at t-online.de (Bernd Nawothnig) writes:
> > That ignores a whole class of applications which run potentially malicious
> > code, such as mobile code.  If Visual Basic had good access restriction
> > features, we might not see nearly so many computer viruses spreading
> > through MS Outlook and Word documents
>
> Everthing of worth has to be sacrificed to prevent M$ from taking world
> dominion and it's catastrophic impact? The real problem is a program like
> OjE which allows such viruses to work. Otherwise nobody would even see this
> 'problem'.

I can't make any sense of what you're saying here.  But a little
reality: millions of web pages out there have Javascript on them that
isn't easily able to take over the client machine.  Python is
advertised as an embeddable script language and Guido's language
comparison essay explicitly compares it favorably to javascript.  If
javascript is useable in important situations where Python can't be
used, Python isn't meeting its advertised goals.