Experiences converting Python to C++

Tom tom-list at home.com
Fri Aug 17 13:37:12 EDT 2001

Hi.

I think it would be very hard to come up with a price per line.  The
difficulty of the task will vary considerably with the nature of the Python
code.  Some examples:

Converting Python code that uses wxPython to C++ code with wxWindows is a
snap.
Sometimes you can copy the C source code for a Python module directly into
your C++ program.
On the other hand, if the Python program makes much use of the dynamic
paradigm (which good Python programs should), then it will be very difficult
to convert to C++.  When I prototype in Python for later conversion to C++ I
avoid dynamic programming.

I've also sent you an E-mail.

Tom.

news:f583a35.0108170452.1b3eca85 at posting.google.com...