why does this hang

John Hunter jdhunter at nitace.bsd.uchicago.edu
Fri Aug 17 13:45:39 EDT 2001

    Jeff> This is just a guess, of course, but maybe it's specific
    Jeff> values for times that are causing the problems?  Perhaps an
    Jeff> am/pm thing?  If the only thing that's changed is the time
    Jeff> of day that you're running it......

It's an interesting thought, but I have used the C++ library
extensively and have no problems with it.  Since the constructor I was
using in the python code takes a date arg (eg, MyDate("06/15/2001") or
MyDate(6,15,2001) ) current time should not make a difference.  But
I'll bear it in mind and try the test case at several times today and
tonight.  And could this explain why commenting out code *after* the
line where it froze could make a difference.

Thanks,
John Hunter