MSDOS/Windows program files

Aaron Brown arundelo at mediaone.net
Sun Aug 19 12:09:30 EDT 2001

Peter Hansen wrote:

> Maybe that's a bad assumption.  Why not post your code?

You were right -- it was my code!  The fact that the error
message caret always pointed to the last line of the program,
even if it was a comment, was just a symptom of  an input
statement earlier in the program that looked like this:

input("Spam?"

So the interpreter was just waiting around for that trailing
parenthesis.

Your response inspired me to go through the program and
selectively comment everything out -- I felt pretty silly when I
found the mistake.  Thanks for the help!

--Aaron