simple example of mimelib? and embedding (not attaching) images in email sent with python.

Andrew Kuchling akuchlin at mems-exchange.org
Wed Aug 15 10:29:49 EDT 2001

barry at zope.com (Barry A. Warsaw) writes:
> One question though: while I original wrote mimelib to handle the
> MIME-specific tasks, it really is shaping up to be a general mail
> handling library.  "mimelib" might be the wrong name for it.
> "maillib" and "emaillib" seem inelegant, and "messagelib" too
> generic.  So while mimelib will be able to replace even rfc822.py (at

How about putting it into a package named 'mail' or 'email'?  That
opens up the future option of migrating other mail-related modules
into the package.  (I really liked how turning the curses module into
a package made it much easier to add things like wrapper.py and
textpad.py, and think following this approach in newly added modules
is a good idea.)

--amk