exec* exiting?

Neil Macneale mac4-devnull at theory.org
Mon Aug 20 20:59:13 EDT 2001

Alex Martelli <aleaxit at yahoo.com> wrote:
> That's mainly because we rarely have to deal with people as
> arrogant as to insult what they clearly don't understand.  When
> you're as rude as to spew insults without understanding, then
> condescension is the least you can expect, in any social milieu.

And I rarely have to deal with head cases like you, in cyber space or
the real world.  There is nothing sacred about unix.  I can think
whatever I like about it. Your views are clear, and thank your for them.

To call me arrogant after writing what you have, is laughable. Arrogance
stems form feeling that you have the answer to all problems, and I would
never claim such a thing. You, on the other hand, may fit the bill.

I work under a OS professor at UCSC, Scott Brandt.  Acording to him, the
only FACT that we know about operating systems is that page tables are
the perfect way to manage memory.  Other than that, all bets are off.

Unix is defined by fork. It is a FACT that all unix implementations have
fork. I agree with this,  how can I argue with a definition?  It is by
no means a FACT that fork is the best way to do things.

I have no time for people egos, so I am going ignore anything else
you bother posting to this thread.

Neil Macneale

--

If you want to email me, remove the '-devnull' from my email address