Changing argv of the python process

gradha at iname.com gradha at iname.com
Thu Aug 16 09:17:06 EDT 2001

Dave Cinege <dcinege at psychosis.com> wrote:
> How does one exec a python program with a password on the cmdline?

Doing this is silly, stupid, a security breach, <put here expelletive>, etc.
Don't you see a password on a commandline can be seen by other tools of
the same operative system? On Unix is as easy as running "ps aux". Under
Windows I had once used similar tools to watch processes and their system
information.

If you want security, run your python program, then use the getpass module.

> Time to start looking to patch the python source me thinks...

Time to learn something about real security me thinks...

--
 Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz   gradha at terra.es   http://gradha.infierno.org