FEEDBACK WANTED: Type/class unification

Markus Schaber markus at schabi.de
Fri Aug 10 12:08:34 EDT 2001

Hi,

Dylan Thurston <dpt at abel.math.harvard.edu> schrub:

>>Yes - but this means "count from the other end" instead of "go
>>backwards from index 0"
>
> Only if you use the broken __getslice__ interface.  If you use the
> __getitem__ interface (passed a slice object) you can do whatever you
> want.

Thanks for the hint - I just read the current documentation on the web
site.

It seems that the Book I read - although it describes python 2 - is a
little outdated in this respect.

But they have lots of other mistakes in there (the "hardest" one is
that they don't mention or describe the == operator), although they
have a good and easy to understand style in writing.

Should anybody be interested: It's "Python 2 - Einführung und Referenz
der objektorientierten Skriptsprache", by Martion von Löwis and Nils
Fischbeck, second print, Addison-Wesley 2001

markus
--
Defend democrathy and freedom!