Zope is Evil is back.

Paul Winkler slinkp23 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 3 20:24:38 EDT 2001

Gillou wrote:

> I still can't understand how to debug DTML.

I found this product to be very helpful:
http://www.zope.org/Members/hathawsh/ZDebug
It makes the traceback page a lot more informative.

> What's missing:
>
> - The ability to mix easily Python and DTML in one object like PHP or JSP
> (actually you must make a python method when 2 lines or more are required).

Maybe you'll like this:
http://www.zope.org/Members/Kaivo/EvalTag
It claims to do exactly what you want. I haven't tried it. I'm trying to migrate
to ZPT and completely stop using DTML.

I wish I knew solutions to the rest of your problems - I have many of the same
complaints.

-
custom calendars & printing: http://www.calendargalaxy.com
       A member of ARMS:   http://www.reacharms.com