normalize and END_DOCUMENT in pulldom...

Magnus Lie Hetland mlh at idi.ntnu.no
Fri Aug 10 14:37:05 EDT 2001

1. Is there any way to make Node.normalize() work in pulldom?
   Perhaps a DOMEventStream.normalize() would be just as useful?

(I see that Paul Prescod in example [1] assumes that the stream
is normalized... Or at least that some character nodes are normalized;
is there any guarantee that the contents of some tags will be returned
as one character node, e.g. if everything is on one line? He does
things like print "<title>%s</print>" % node.data, where node corresponds
to a CHARACTERS event... I may be missing something here...)

2. Why isn't an END_DOCUMENT event returned when the document ends?
   I get a START_DOCUMENT, but not an END_DOCUMENT...

I guess I don't really need it, since the event stream will end
anyway, but it seems odd.

[1] http://mail.python.org/pipermail/xml-sig/2000-June/002571.html

--

  Magnus Lie Hetland         http://www.hetland.org

 "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in
  it, doesn't go away."           -- Philip K. Dick