Window NT: need to allow client to make system call via CGI script

Terry Byrne TerryByrne1963 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 28 12:35:29 EDT 2001

All,

I need to allow clients to run a DOS batch file from an HTML form that
resides on a Windows NT server. Using system(commandline) I always get
an OSError.

Right now we're using pcAnywhere to log on to the server and run the
batch file that way. I want to make it simpler by using the HTML form.

The batch file will always be in the same location on the server. I
want to avoid all drive mapping complications by just running the
batch file from an HTML form. Is there a way to do that, or is it
disallowed for security reasons or some other?

Thanks!