simple graphics lib

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Mon Aug 20 23:34:06 EDT 2001

On 20 Aug 2001, Bignose3 wrote:

> I am a student learning python on my own, coming from a C++ backgroud.
>  I am working on a simple project, a simulation of fish, as a way to
> gain experience using python.  I am looking for a simple graphics lib
> that will allow me to display objects- like circles or squares to
> represent the objects I am coding.  Is anyone aware of a lib that will
> allow me to do this.  When learning C++ I used the CMU Graphics Lib
> which worked great.  Let me know if anyone has any ideas.

You may want to check out PyGame, which does pretty much what you've asked
for:

  http://www.pygame.org

If you want to add a GUI to your application, (windows, menus, etc) but
still use the PyGame framework for graphics:

  http://pyui.sourceforge.net

                     @ t w i s t e d m a t r i x  . c o m
                     http://twistedmatrix.com/users/glyph