Sockets question

frank booth killingjoke at mail.com
Thu Aug 9 05:32:48 EDT 2001

Howdy.

I'm sending something through a TCP socket, then closing it, then my python script exits.

For some reason, from time to time (and not on all machines) the remote end doesn't always get the data.

I thought close() is supposed to terminate the connection gracefully so it should be OK, but its not.

Maybe when the script exits the connection dies at once? Is there a simple solution that will not involve waiting? (its used in a high-load system so I should free the socket and leave the process as quickly as possible. It is also impossible to change the remote program).

Thanks,
Frank

FREE Personalized E-mail at Mail.com
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup