Python Debugger Question?

Jussi Jumppanen jussij at zeusedit.com
Wed Aug 29 23:59:06 EDT 2001

I have a question regarding the debugger and Python 1.51.

I am attempting to control the debugger using a windows
application by running the debugger with the standard output
and standard error captured and by sending commands to the
running debugger via standard input.

So for example I would run the debugger as follows:

   python.exe d:/python/lib/pdb.py d:/temp/primes.py

And then I would send the running debugger commands
via the standard input:

   step
   step
   step
   step
   help
   help
   kill
   quit

But unfortunately these commands do not generate any
output on the capture stdout or stderr.

But thestrange thing is that when I kill the debug
session the output then comes in via these captured
handles as shown below:

   > <string>(0)?()
   (Pdb) > <string>(1)?()
   (Pdb) > d:/temp/primes.py(0)?()
   (Pdb) > d:/temp/primes.py(5)?()
   -> def main():

To me it appears that somehow the debugger output is
is not getting flushed?

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Regards Jussi Jumppanen
jussij at zeusedit.com